Thursday 30 June 2016

Me and my boys (no one said it was a photograph!)


30 June
Well, that's it - 30 doodles over 30 days ...posted daily to Instagram, and every few days to here. I have really enjoyed the daily practice of getting something ready to post. It was only the last few days that my enthusiasm lagged and it felt like a chore.  30 days was a good number ...I don't know if my attention could be held for the #100dayproject other crafters/artists are attempting at the moment (although what a great tag to explore!!). It may be down to the terms of engagement you set for yourself. I think I'll set out again in July ...but with a different focus to #doodlejune. Maybe watercolouring stamped images, or digitising doodles and draw/digitise/colour on separate days even? We'll see. #doodgitiseJuly - how does that sound? I have about 24 hours to decide :-)


Edited to add:  Thought I'd note my favourites for the month.

I love how this view of our feet turned, as we sat on the lounge with feet up on the footstool. I don't know how it looks to the outside eye, but I recognise us here - The way Blake's little legs are stretched out to fit his feet on ...Andrew's floppy slippers ...Tom's feet are a bit pudgey compared to his real life sleek ones  - but all in all, I can see us :-)


The duck is another favourite. Whereas our legs were first done in pencil, and modified as necessary to get 'just so', the duck I doodled blind. He's not perfect, but he has charm. I also like how he was coloured. Quack quack.


No comments:

Post a Comment