Wednesday 1 June 2016

Introducing #doodlejune

I started participating in #blogjune when my heart had already left libraries (even if I was still there in person for a while longer). Loving the idea of "a project" and being in on something I did decide to finally participate in it, but not with "serious" library posts ...just some fun, low quality haiku poems. Calling it poetry, really is going too far! But now, after 4 years the haiku have retired to make way for doodles - I will #doodlejune.

In the last few days, I have just been taking an online class at Big Picture Classes by Brandi Kincaid, Doodled - you can get a free 2 week trial here with access to lots of crafty classes. (I have started Doodled 2.0 too, which deals with digitising your doodles. Agggghhh! This almost brings the 'circle' back to libraries - this was an interest back when I was still in libraries ...we purchased Illustrator and all as I wanted to be able design "stuff" for posters/presentations etc. Now I'm finally getting the chance/new purpose to learn it. ANYWAY......)

I will post my doodles daily to Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/stickstitchcut/) and will post them here, umm, maybe daily. Maybe daily, maybe every few days. We'll see how things roll. It won't usually be too wordy. They won't be great doodles either - but I am looking forward to practicing.



1 June 2016
Since January 2015, on the 1st (ish) of the month, we have been taking a photo of the "sausage plants" in a waterway near our house. We had noticed what a change these plants go through over the year and thought this would be an interesting project for the boys. Although we haven't taken June's photo yet, and even though today brings the start of winter, my first #lisadoodlesjune doodle is a retrospective work of our subject, back in their summertime heyday in full "sausage" phase. I think in fact now, they are up to "drowned rabbit" phase.






No comments:

Post a Comment